Friday, August 22, 2008

Data Stream Currently Unstable

Five's main files are undergoing a bit of a migration to my new development environment, a nifty Vista powered dual core DX10 laptop. So once I get my level data onto the new computer I should be able to see a lot more of the effects I'm using in the mod (I might even retry that color correction idea I had a while back to tint the whole mod a light shade of blue. Example:
http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/images/minority_report30.jpg)

It even supports motion blur. Excellent. Also, I'd like to take a moment to thank Death Spektor in particular, he is now the second unofficial member of the development team, for a total of five members.

(I just had to point that out. That number keeps popping up too much!)

Anyway, he's been slaving away at a near final build of one of my blacklisted levels, and I thank him most gratefully for his assistance. I suck at optimization and he makes my work a lot easier to deal with. So props to him big time for helping us.
As for that visual content? Still forthcoming. I might just post it in the Windows Media format I accidentally recorded it in. We'll see.

No comments: